Thanks for taking a look at my resume. Why don’t you begin my learning more about me?
Prefer a Google Doc? Click here.
I’m a highly passionate, driven and motivated individual, dedicated to the field of SEO. Here is a compendium of my relevant work experience.
Search Engine Marketer at Internet Exposure, Inc (3/2011 – 4/2012)
- Developed, managed, and executed numerous SEO and PPC campaigns for a wide variety of small to medium-sized businesses in an agency setting
- Performed all aspects of on-page and off-page SEO – including keyword research, website audits, competitive analysis, conversion rate optimization, linkbuilding, and social media activities
- Worked closely with designers, developers, and other marketing team members to ensure projects were executed with the utmost efficiency
- Delved deeply into Google Analytics data to identify numerous opportunities for business growth and improvement
- Developed effective reporting methodology for our numerous initiatives
- Managed various outsourcing initiatives, from content creation to local citation building to improve ROI
- Developed content and copy for websites in various niches
- Doubled conversions for our largest client by effectively managing and executing a large scale Local SEO campaign
- Wrote numerous blog posts that attracted over 8,000 unique visits and considerable inbound links from strong, authoritative domains
- Performed site improvements such as revamped copy, updated design, and testimonials for a client that resulted in a ~300% increase in conversions
- Took numerous client sites from relative oblivion to high positions in the search engines via a blend of on-page and off-page SEO
- Networked on a personal level with some of the best and brightest individuals in our industry
Freelance Marketing Consultant at The Green Edge, Inc (9/2010 – 3/2011)
- Developed a complex, entirely modular economic modeling worksheet and accompanying presentation for management in order to convey financial outcomes of various sales levels and distribution activities, which is still in use today
- Assisted President and CFO with marketing strategies, product development, and various other tasks
- Developed a project management framework in order to organize product development tasks
Co-Founder at Twin Cities Underground (3/2003 – 5/2007)
- Founded a youth-oriented non-profit center for arts in an inner-city setting
- Created budgets, advertising plans, applied for and obtained grants and non-profit status
- Held, attended, and recorded weekly board meetings
- Recruited and trained new volunteers with workshops and events
- Collaborated with numerous local government officials in order to grow our organization
- Increased attendance with creative solutions to an estimated 12,000 youth around the nation by organization’s end
My Educational Background
I attended the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, and received a BBA in Marketing with a certificate in International Business. My in-major GPA was 3.11, and I made the Deans List in Spring of 2009.
While at college, I was a Visibility Strategist for WISPIRG. My duties were to bring attention to our various campus-wide initiatives, which included the 2008 Presidential Election and many others relevant to our student community. This role was perfect for me, as I was able to utilize my marketing skills, work alongside other like-minded individuals, and bring awareness of relevant political and local issues to our student community.
Notable courses include Marketing Management, Management of Promotions, Global Information Systems Management, Management Analysis, Operations Management, International Marketing, and Quality Process Improvement.
In this field, I’m generally a jack of all trades. I’m a Google Analytics Qualified Individual. I’m fluent in all aspects of social media – I was even one of the first private beta users on Google+.
I’m an excellent networker, and I effectively utilize these skills to further the goals of myself, my organization, and my clients. I’m fluent in all elements of Microsoft Office. As a photographer, I have a knack for design, and I have done a great deal of photo and video editing.
As you can see, I operate my own website, and I’m becoming quite familiar with WordPress, HTML, and CSS. I’m passionate about CRO and Local SEO. I’ve written countless blog posts, on behalf of myself, my organization, and my clients.
I have a great deal of experience with tools such as Raven, SEOMoz, Advanced Web Ranking, Google Places Scout, Screaming Frog SEO Spider, Xenu Link Sleuth, and Google Webmaster Tools.
I have many references from past employers, coworkers, and industry veterans available upon request. Please let me know if this is something that you’d like to see.
Sound good? Contact me.
Have any questions about anything? Tweet at me.
Thanks for your time, and I hope to hear from you!